Rock Creek Conservancy works to protect and restore Rock Creek and its waters, parks, and lands through a combination of education, advocacy, and on-the-ground projects.
Throughout the year, we increase awareness of the threats to Rock Creek and how neighboring residents, businesses, and institutions can work together to address these threats. Our activities include
- Outreach events, such presentations, tabling at community events, and meetings;
- Publicity through the media, our website, newsletters, and flyers; and
- Developing partnerships with park neighbors, such as embassies and faith institutions.
We press for protection of Rock Creek by writing letters, giving testimony, speaking at public hearings, and meeting with federal, state, district, and local government officials.
Our on-the-ground activities include:
- Neighborhood-based stream teams that adopt sections of park or creek for environmental stewardship,
- The annual Rock Creek Extreme Cleanup with trash cleanups at over 50 locations along Rock Creek,
- Demonstrations to showcase how property owners can capture runoff on their own property, and
- Tackling invasive plants that threaten the health and beauty of our parks.
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
2008 Annual Report
2007 Annual Report