This year we are welcoming six new members to our Board of Directors. Representing a variety of backgrounds and talents, these individuals will serve a two-year term. They include:
- Tracy Church: Church develops strategic plans for philanthropy and oversees fundraising for Nursing and Patient Services, Children’s Research Institute, Center for Neuroscience and Behavioral Medicine, Mind Brain Institute, Institute for Anticipatory Medicine and priority projects for Children’s National Medical Center.
- David DeSantis: DeSantis, a partner at TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, has 25 years of experience in sales, public relations, marketing and management. He is a recipient of numerous awards for real estate marketing and sales in the Washington, DC area, and is one of Washington’s top brokers serving diplomatic, high-profile and international clients.
- Gary Guzy: Guzy is Senior of Counsel at Covington & Burling LLP in Washington, DC, where he is a member of the firm’s environmental, clean energy, public policy, and government affairs practices. Before joining Covington, Gary served as Deputy Director and General Counsel of the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
- David London: London is a senior government relations executive who has provided strategic counsel and direction pertaining to critical public policy, regulatory and crisis-driven issues facing technology and e-commerce companies. He has collaborated with multiple levels of government, including federal, state and local as well as throughout Canada and Latin America.
- Jason Reid: Reid is currently Vice President of the Stagwell Group, a marketing services focused Private Equity group, where he manages the investment team. Reid previously served institutions as an investment professional with a sector focus on technology, media and telecom and generalist event-driven strategies. He has experience in public equities and private market idea generation, evaluation, and execution through more than a decade of hedge fund, private equity, investment banking and corporate strategy roles.
- Danielle M. Reyes: Reyes serves as the executive director of the Crimsonbridge Foundation, a Bethesda-based foundation that is the primary grantmaking arm of the social investment and philanthropic platform The Crimsonbridge Group. She is creator and owner of the popular outdoor fitness company Yoga Hikes DC, which specializes in outdoor yoga and hiking for groups.
Rock Creek Conservancy’s Board of Directors is responsible for determining how the Conservancy carries out its mission through long-range and short-range planning and review; adopting an annual budget and providing fiscal oversight; and ensuring the organization has the financial resources it needs, among other things.
“Millions of people will benefit from a clean and protected Rock Creek, and it is now more important than ever to have strong leadership in place as we continue to fulfill our mission,” said Matthew Fleischer, the Conservancy’s Executive Director. “Rock Creek Conservancy is honored to work with these new individuals who will offer a diverse array of skills to an already talented Board of Directors.”
Board officers are Scott Siff, president; Katherine Schinasi, vice president; Sambhav Sankar, treasurer; and Betty Kotcher, secretary. Additional directors include Tracy Bowen, Kathy Byrd, Karen Cooper, Alan Fleischmann, Dennis McClellan, Jane Paul, Allison Bartlett Rumsey, Sam Shelton, and Ted Trabue. Visit www.rockcreekconservancy.org/who-we-are/board-of-directors for more information.